CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

LONG TIME!

Ok, well what can I say, I suck and this is long overdue, but let me get to the nitty gritty...
A little about what has happened in the last few... well almost a year.
We moved to okotoks, mark got a new job, we bought a new house and had a baby girl. Done, just kidding.
In January of this year, I felt like it was time to move ( I think it was cabin fever, but i'll never admit it to Mark) Don't ask me why, I was busier then ever doing hair in the salon, we had just finished reovating the house to where we liked it and things were starting to settle down, not so crazy busy. But I felt like we needed to so I started looking for a new house. Those of you that know me, know that I am kind of a deal junkie, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy and excited if I can get a steal of a deal, so I decided I was going to find a killer deal on a house and then see what we could do about getting it. So I went online (which is kind of an addiction I must say, I could probably spend hours on there doing absolutely nothing and then wondering where the time went haha) and one of my favorite pastimes online (sad to say) is searching kijiji (it's a buy and sell website) well, this time my pastime payed off. I found a house. The ad said "HOUSE FOR SALE OKOTOKS fast possession. Need to sell" It was a fantastic price. It had been posted the day before and I emailed him back. We talked and set up a time to view it. Before we went, I took Mark to do a driveby and he said, "I feel like this is our house", well that was the kicker for me, I was sold and I hadn't even seen it yet, I guess when it's right it's right. However, I insisted we do some groundwork and check out some of the other houses in that price range and found that they weren't even comparable. So we fell in love with the house on Kijiji. And took possession of it on my Birthday! What a great Birthday present. So now we live in a beautiful home, that I love and feel like we will be in for awhile. Here are some pics!










This is the Salon, Mark made sure I had my hobby right away so I wouldn't be "Crazy" as he puts it. (I'm sure it helps that I make money doing my hobby.










Kitchen - I love my kitchen, it has a walk in pantry with lots of storage!

This is the downstairs sitting room.






My Master Bath is one of my favorite places in the house.







This is the bonus room, Mark's favorite room.





0 comments: