CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Farewell to Pippen!






Well, as most of you know, we decided to get a dog for the kids for Christmas this year. We got a Labradoodle (half lab half poodle) his name was pippen and was an awesome dog, very gentle with the kids, and very mellow. We thoroughly enjoyed him until he started to really grow, quite big actually. Not that I don't like big dogs, I think that we have decided that we like big dogs, but not unless we live out on an acreage or farm. I guess it's quite different than from where I grew up. Well we fell in love with him anyways, and he became part of our family, much to our chagrin, the kids aren't old enough to really take care of a dog, or treat it great for that matter. I think they thought that because he was big enough they could bully him. So that is kind of what they did. We also found that because we travel so much, it was tough to find him a place to stay. I never thought I would get a dog, let alone an indoor one, so I even surprised myself in that he became a part of our family. So it was a difficult decision, (I think more so for Mark and myself than the kids as they hardly even noticed) to let him go. He was a great dog for us, and I guess maybe we are dog people, (just not yet)! So we found him a home (but not before we got some great pics) in Saskatchewan with a bachelor who will probably be his best friend and devote time to spend with him. We hope he loves his new home.

2 comments:

Christal said...

Cute pictures bye pippen how did you find somebody in saskabush?? Well I hope he's happy he did get kind of big eh!! Well hope you guys are doing good ttyl

Christal said...

You know I would come to you if it was easy to pack up and get there every so often but our track record isn't very good eh!! I love you!!! Don't be ticked! You are awesome!