CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Chair Makeover

Well, I have wanted a chaise for my bedroom, so that I can cozy up with a good book and relax, however, you know that i'm always looking for a good deal, and I found one! The cheapest I saw one in the store was at least $600, but I wasn't willing to pay that for something that would become more of a feature piece than an everyday use chair. So I found one on Kijiji (a buy and sell site) for free, but it was trashed. So I dragged Mark into Marda Loop Calgary (kind of a ghetto part of town) where he complained about how I was wasting my time and that he would have to take it to the dump in a few weeks, (fair enough, I did drag him to the ghetto area and then make him pick up a trashed chaise) but he was still kind enough to help me load it into the van and take it home. That was last saturday. This is what it looked like.


Trashed right, It was scratched on the arms, no pillows, and the material was disgusting. So I did a few online tutorials for reupholstering, there are some great ones out there, and went to work. This is how it turned out! I'm pretty impressed that it turned out so well, considering I really had no idea what I was doing, I finished it today! And It is my new favorite piece of furniture in the house. Here is what is looks like now!


Ps, I'll be posting christmas pics soon!

7 comments:

DJ said...

You are amazing Kristin! You need to teach me a little something too. I have a chair in Kinlee's room I'd love to reupholster. If you have the website tutorials still let me know. Your chair looks awesome---makes me want to curl up in it with a good book that's for sure!

Baker Family said...

I LOVE IT!!!! I can't believe how good it turned out- you really are amazing & very inspiring! Love it!

Kristin.Fredriksen said...

thanks guys! i LOVE it too. Dawna the website is http://www.mormonchic.com/crafty/wingback.asp but really until you pull all the stuff off, you never know what you really have to do, give me a call, i'll come help, it will give me a chance to see you guys.

Christal said...

You are freakin amazing that looks awesome!! You are so talented look at all the things you have been craftin up! Wow I'm very impressed! we need to come hang out one of these weekends again! Looks so good Kristin ttys

angie said...

hye, i didn't know you had a blog! the chaise looks so great! i have always been so intimidated by uphostering but i bet it is so rewarding.

The FOUR M's... said...

Hey Kristin! I just found your blog because of Johy's blog -- yay for more blogs... How are you guys doing? Your house looks super cute, and I'm totally impressed that you made this chair look so cute! Let us know if you're ever down this direction -- we'd love to see you guys. (We're actually meeting my siblings at the NE Leisure Center in Calgary tomorrow to swim from 2-6ish, if you feel like meeting up... nothing like short notice, eh? Haha) Anyway -- way past my bedtime, so I'm going to go -- see ya! -- Melissa

Russell and Johanna Anderson said...

Hey you two over there in Okotoks, we need an update...LOL Hope all is well! We need to see your cute family!