CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 11, 2009

Redo`s and Tutu`s and Convocation!

So, It`s been a bit as per usual, seems like these days i`m biting off more than I can chew, what else is new right! But hey it`s keeping me busy and keeping the winter blues away, (not that we`ve had much of a winter so far). I decided I wanted to redo our crib that we bought second hand for cheap, it has been white for the entire time we`ve had kids, and now that it`s my last... I wanted something fun for a girl, so I went and bought some paint, and got started. This is the before,

Plain white and o-so boring, so I thought I`d spice it up a bit, little did I know it was going to be a month long job, but it was so worth it in the end- here is the result!




Oh how I love when things turn out (which they rarely do because my patience runs out and then I slap it together any way I can just to get it done!) But this time, I really enjoyed my endless hours of stripes, and taping and stripes, and so on...well, it was worth it.


We went up to Edmonton at the end of November for Mark`s convocation, it was pretty cool, if a little bit pretentious at the same time, still I`m glad we went, I think it meant a lot to him to finally walk a stage for a degree, even if it took him until his masters. I was so proud of him, It was a great day!











Ok, this is a bad pic, I`m not even sure if Mark is even in the pic, but you get the idea right!












I like to think i`m creative, (even if it`s not true haha) I decided I was going to use some leftover organza material that I had used to make a canopy in our room for some skirts for the girls for Christmas, so I called my friend Angie, (who is an awesome sewer) for some help. She was awesome, she came over for the afternoon and helped me hash out some ideas on how to make a layered tutu skirt with this material. Thanks Angie for putting up with my serious lack of sewing skills (like straight lines).


Well, after I finished with them, I had to just had to try them on them, and Taylor (who is overly dramatic) turned it into a ballet show of course, she had to show me a few of her moves, (that she learned on So You Think You Can Dance for sure) and made me get the camera to document it. She was pretty cute, even if a bit bossy. LOL, that`s my girl, just like her mama, I think I have some pics of me at that age pulling the drama queen pose too. Here she is, I even got Peyton to pose pretty!



1 comments:

Christal said...

love the crib!! Seriously your domesticating I'm telling you!! Tutus cribs look awesome! Congrats to leif again that is so awesome so proud of him!
Nice to keep busy eh! Love all the pics and that you are posting again!! ttys